Thursday, May 20, 2010

Finding the Perfect Fit

For the past four years, I have always pictured life after college would equal a full time job, after work dinner dates, an apartment in the city and pencil skirts accompanied by cute heels. However, I don't think my mind every really considered what transition to getting there would look like.

It's been a little over two weeks since I left Athens and I have yet to feel like a real college graduate. I'm living back at home (no complaints here, anyone who has met my family knows they are all quite entertaining), working with my internship part time and occasionally putting on bathing suits in exchange for pencil skirts in the morning. In short, I have really to jump in and live that ideal college graduate life.

As a over committed college student, I decided to really wait to begin my job search until after graduation, knowing once I began looking I wouldn't be able to turn away. In the past few weeks, I have had a few interviews and an offer, but I have still yet to really dig in and find something that screams me.

I have alway prided myself on doing what I feel is best rather than going with the flow and thus far it has worked in my advantage. I realize the economy is in a terrible state and a have very few peers who have found their "dream job" or simply a "job," but I truly feel without passion for what I am doing a job can not become anything more than a paycheck. I'm sure this may seem quite the opposite of some of my peers, but I just know it will all work out in the end and at the end of the day that's all that we can really hope for.


At the end of the day, faith is a funny thing. It turns up when
you don’t really expect it. It's like one day you realize that
the fairy tale is slightly different than your dream. The castle,
well it may not be a castle. And it's not so important that
it’s happily ever after – just that it's happy right now.
See, once in a while, once in a blue moon, people will surprise
you. And once in a while, people may even take your breath away. 


-Grey's Anatomy

No comments:

Post a Comment